24 Oct Curing Vampirism Guide – How to Cure Vampirism in Skyrim
So you’re looking for a vampire cure? Maybe you contracted the disease by accident or perhaps you’re just sick of feeding and being treated like outcast. Whatever your reasons, here’s how to cure vampirism.
There are different options for curing vampirism depending on how far along you are with the disease.
Curing Sanguinare Vampiris
If you’ve got into it with any vampires lately there’s a good chance that you could contract the vampire disease Sanguinare Vampiris. This is transmitted when a vampire uses the Vampiric Drain spell.
This is the disease that starts the process of turning you into a vampire. However, think of this as the incubation period and it is very simple to cure Sanguinare Vampiris.
From initially contracting the disease you have 72 hours to cure it before you become a Stage 1 Vampire.
There are two cures for vampirism at this stage:
- You can take a Cure Disease potion, and provided it’s taken within the 72 hours, you will be cured.
- Pray at a Shrine – Any Shrine will do as part of the blessing is curing diseases.
There you have it. That’s how you can cure Sanguinare Vampiris!
Now if you’ve left it past 72 hours then you are now a full blown vampire and will need a different cure…
How to Cure Vampirism
The vampire cure involves a few steps but is still pretty simple.
The first thing to know about being a vampire is that there are four stages and each stage brings you more benefits but also more detriments. You progress through the stages every 24 hours if you don’t feed on a sleeping NPC. Feeding will return you to Stage 1.
It is inadvisable to attempt curing vampirism if you are Stage 3 or 4. In Stage 3 NPCs will not usually interact with you and at Stage 4 you are so far gone that citizens will attack you on sight. So if you’re Stage 3 or 4, get feed first before you start.
To get started you’ll need to speak to any bartender and ask for rumours until you’re given the quest “Rising at Dawn”.
Rising at Dawn Quest
- You might need to talk to a bartender a few times until you get the quest. You’ll be pointed towards a mage in Morthal called Falion.
- Talk to Falion after 6pm (eastern most house in Morthal) and he’ll recognize you as a vampire and offer to cure you if you bring him a filled Black Soul Gem.
- Falion will sell a Black Soul Gem for about 1300 gold but if you don’t want to buy one you can head to Fort Snowhawk where there are necromancers who carry them.
- Cast Spell Trap on an enemy, kill them in the allotted time and fill your Black Soul Gem.
- Speak to Falion again in Morthal who will tell you to meet him at dawn (between 4 and 6am) at the Summoning Stones which is just north of Morthal.
- Let Falion do his thing and perform the ritual.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully initiated the vampire cure. This method can be done repeatedly if you become a vampire further down the line.
Alternative Cure for Vampirism
If you don’t want to cure your vampirism and have no intention of becoming a vampire again, there is another permanent solution.
If you complete the Companions questline and contract Lycanthropy, otherwise known as becoming a werewolf, you will be cured of Vampirism. You will also become resistant to Sanguinare Vampiris and therefore can’t contract the disease again.
Hopefully you’ve found this guide on how to get rid of being a vampire in Skyrim useful.